Saturday, February 15, 2014

Good Times at Freedom Summit 2014 -by Ryngeaux

After a great speech from Anthony Gregory , I got to listen the the entertaining Marc Victor, who sounds just like Adam Sandler!  Then, after a short break Paul Rosenberg delivered a great talk.  I had never heard of Catalhoyuk, have you?

For lunch I had the opportunity to to join Pete Eyre, Marc Stevens and Bill Buppert and several other liberty-lovers at a pub near the Freedom Summit.  It is incredible how refreshing it is to spend time with like-minded folks and rekindle contacts old and new, hopefully all of us leaving better for it.

This afternoon, after Charles Goyette spoke, we were treated to Patrick Byrne, CEO of overstock.com.  He discussed his decision to accept Bitcoin, and I am now convinced to do the same for my small business.

It has been a great day so far, even the question and comments made by the likes of Butler Shaffer and other leaders in the movement were enlightening.  Now it is almost dinnertime, and that means the great debate, the keynote event: Larken Rose -v- Will Grigg, with the former obviously in support of liberty and the latter supposedly arguing for the State, but as it turns out, both men were brilliantly on board with peace.  "Constitutionalism -v- Anarchy."

Larken Rose and William Grigg "debating" Feb 15, 2014


Thanks to Ernest Hancock for putting together this summit!  Being around those that "get it" is indeed, Good Times!








http://www.copblock.org/


http://voluntaryist.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for documenting this stuff. I'm glad I met you at Libertopia (http://libertopia.org/2014) and got this link to your blog so I could read about it. The liberty movement has such varied and interesting paths of enquiry in it. It always overwhelms me, but the personal touch - just knowing someone - makes it feel more cohesive. Very encouraging, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting what a "small world" the an-cap community is, and I agree that meeting folks in person really adds something to it... and at other times takes something from it.

    Larken is a great example, from watching his videos, reading his work and listening to him, I thought we could be great "pals." Then I met him and after exchanging quite curt pleasantries, we didn't really have much to say.

    He remains my favorite "leader" int he liberty movement, but no personal connection felt. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete